In 2007, Cincinnati Country Day School developed its Long-Range Plan to position the School to achieve new heights. The plan articulates a five-year visionary strategy for enhancing the following:
- Excellence in Education
- Excellence in Communications
- Excellence in Community
- Excellence in Campus Facilities
- Excellence in Financial Stewardship
Guided by our educational beliefs, our Long-range Plan sets priorities that will direct our daily decision-making and help us build a stronger, more vibrant community eager to embrace its future.
With our plan in place, CCDS is determined to continue offering the best teaching and learning to those we are committed to serve - our students.
See below to view a detailed explanation of the five areas of excellence.
Excellence in Education
To propel our academic program to become a model of a 21st century education.
Our goal is to offer our students the finest education possible by staying abreast of the best
pedagogical practices and by attracting an outstanding faculty that embraces the CCDS Mission. Our curriculum must be adaptable to remain current in offering the relevant knowledge base and appropriate skill sets necessary for our students to be successful in a changing world. Our curriculum must also be responsive to how students learn as well as tend to their social and emotional needs in order for them to thrive to their full potential.
Attract, retain, and support talented, well-rounded students and faculty.
Strive for superior athletic and artistic experiences as well as provide opportunities for activities that serve our society.
Emphasize character education and our core values through the curriculum and service-learning opportunities.
Evaluate continually and adapt our curriculum using benchmarking to ensure excellence in program standards.
Further our mastery in pedagogical development and technology integration.
Excellence in Communications
To commit to clear, timely, and consistent communications among all of our constituencies that underscores our shared partnership to deliver our Mission.
Effective communication is essential to engage all constituencies, internal and external, in creating a supportive environment for our students. From fostering a home-to-school partnership to promoting the advantages of a CCDS education, regular communication is an institutional cornerstone.
- Redesign and maintain the website to promote our Mission, community engagement, learning excellence, recruitment, and giving.
- Develop a mission-directed communications plan, from person to print to web, that reaches constituents in a manner that invites on-going dialogue.
- Ensure regular and proactive communication between faculty and parents.
- Showcase the exciting accomplishments of CCDS through strategic marketing efforts.
- Invite feedback regularly to gain insights to further our growth as an institution.
Excellence in Community
To be a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive community that is committed to supporting the CCDS Mission.
People thrive and grow in caring communities built on trust and unified by a shared purpose. We believe multiple perspectives serve to enrich our reasoning and thought. Since our students are part of a global community, it is important they benefit from the experiences of our varied constituencies.
- Cultivate an environment of trust and pride throughout the school community.
- Advance our commitment and outreach efforts toward maintaining a diverse community.
- Support our teaching community and their special bond with students.
- Celebrate the importance of all-school traditions with events that honor past and present constituencies.
- Create stronger links to the School's alumni and encourage their participation in the CCDS community.
- Promote community connectedness through voluntarism.
Excellence in Campus Facilities
To build our campus facilities to support superior academics, instill a sense of community, and recognize our responsibility as stewards of our environment.
The quality of our School's physical plant enhances our ability to deliver educational excellence. In order to deliver on our Mission, we must create and maintain facilities that are not only conducive to learning but also instill pride in our surroundings.
- Fund and execute the recently developed master plan design which includes building the following new facilities:
- Lower and Elementary School
- Athletic complex
- Outdoor Educational Area (ODEA), green space
- Administrative offices
- Emphasize the importance of being environmentally-mindful and harmonious with the natural setting of the School's existing campus.
- Continue to conduct on-going reviews of facilities while simultaneously ensuring safety and security.
Excellence in Financial Stewardship
To enhance program excellence through proactive, sound, and innovative financial stewardship.
Our financial health depends on stable enrollment as well as funding beyond tuition revenue. Through effective management of our student-teacher ratio, growth in new student enrollment, retention of current students, and increased participation in Annual Fund giving, we can deliver a program that matches our mission.
- Determine and manage optimal enrollment through an effective admission and retention program.
- Increase Annual Fund revenues to become a more significant percentage of the operating budget.
- Develop a strong alumni program encouraging personal investment in the School's success.
- Grow The CCDS Foundation's endowment fund and reduce the debt incurred with the construction of the Upper School
- Pursue funding beyond tuition revenue.