Arts Boosters is a group of parent volunteers dedicated to enriching the arts experience of all CCDS students and their families. We believe passionately in the importance of a strong arts program at CCDS because literary, performing and visual arts help to:
- provide children with additional avenues for expression
- build cultural literacy, and
- develop aptitudes that enrich other areas of education.
Virtually every student in the Lower, Middle and Upper Schools is touched by one or more of the activities that Arts Boosters helps to make possible, and it is these activities that are helping CCDS to become known for excellence in the arts.
There are three main ways that CCDS families can get involved. You can:
- become an Arts Booster
- participate in, or help with, some of the activities in the Arts Boosters Calendar
- join our monthly meetings – you are always welcome.
Arts Boosters enhances the arts experience of CCDS students by funding activities that extend beyond the core school curriculum and budget. The parent-driven body raises funds through membership dues and fundraising events, and all funds raised go directly into arts programs for students. Some of the activities funded by Arts Boosters for the 2010-11 school year include:
- student/artist cooperation to create a tile mural for the Pattison Courtyard;
- student visits to Green Acres Arts Center, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, and the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company or Playhouse in the Park;
- art workshops and performances at the school, bringing visitors from the Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Opera, School for the Creative and Performing Arts Dance Ensemble, Schoolhouse Symphony, and Heritage Village; and
- the purchase of scripts, costumes and props for plays.
Visit the links below for more detail on the activities funded by Arts Boosters: