The letter that was sent to all families on June 1, 2017:
Dear CCDS Families,
For the upcoming school year, we will continue to use an online database called Magnus Health SMR for all health and medical records. As this is a web-based system, you will have continuous access to your child's health record as well as the ability to make updates when needed. If your student is a returning student, you will have access to much information from the prior school year and will also have the option to access the account after your child graduates.
Timely submission of health information and health forms is vital so that preparations can be made prior to the first day of school. Please reserve 20 to 30 minutes to log the information necessary for each of your CCDS student(s). You will receive weekly reminders while there are outstanding items in your account.
- For student athletes (grades 7-12) all requested information must be logged and all necessary forms must be submitted by August 1st.
- For all other students, information must be logged and necessary forms must be submitted prior to August 15th.
- Access Point
- Access your children's Health SMR account through the CCDS website's Parent Portal or via the CCDS Homepage News article.
- Log-in Credentials
- Returning families should access Magnus Health SMR using their current CCDS web credentials.
Your username for login was included in the email that was sent to you. Email the help desk for a password reset link.
- New families will have recently received instructions from Rob Baker and the CCDS Technology Office regarding the creation of a password to complete web credentials.
- Tutorial Video
- Please watch the brief tutorial which appears after your first log-in to Magnus Health.
Information to Provide
- Enter and/or Update
- Vital Health Record
- Current families will find some information already entered in the Vital Health Record section, but this section must still be reviewed and signed
- Consent to Treat
- Everyone completes/signs this on a yearly basis
- Based on a student's age and entry date, there will be further questions to answer. Please answer all questions so that you do not get follow-up reminder emails
Upload the following, if applicable.
Birth Certificate (a one-time requirement)
Immunization Requirements for Attendance (signature required)
A current immunization record, if not previously uploaded or if new immunizations have been given
Physical Exam Form: Required for all new students and annually for children under the age of 6
OHSAA Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form: Required annually for students in grades 7 to 12 who play sports
Acknowledgement of OHSAA Concussion Information
Medication Forms, Individualized Health Care and Emergency Plans
Over-the-counter Medication Form
Prescription Medication Form
Asthma Individualized Healthcare Plan
Asthma Emergency Action Plan
Allergic Reaction Emergency Action Plan
Allergic Reaction Individualized Healthcare Plan
Seizure Action Plan Form
Food Allergy Emergency Action Plan Form
Diabetes Action Plan Form
- If you have difficulty navigating the Magnus system, entering data online, or downloading the hardcopy coversheets and forms, or if you have any other questions, please contact customer support at Magnus Health SMR by phone at 877.461.6831 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, please feel free to consult the Magnus Health page for Parents at http://magnushealth.com/parents/ and Privacy and Security page at www.magnushealth.com/privacy-and-security/
Thank you for your assistance as we launch Magnus Health SMR for 2017-18.
Stephanie Smith Luebbers, Head of Upper School
Laurie Roessler, RN, MSN, MEd, NCSN, School Nurse