Ways of Giving
We appreciate your support at any level. Gifts of any size significantly impact the school community and educational experience. Your generosity makes a difference in the lives of each student and teacher at CCDS!
We accept gifts in the forms below. Our office is here to serve you. Please contact the Development Office at email@example.com or call (513) 979-0281 for assistance.
Please make checks payable to Cincinnati Country Day School. The mailing address is: CCDS Development Office, 6905 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243-2898.
Please designate the intention of your gift on the memo line of your check or on an enclosed note. Undesignated gifts will be assigned to the current year’s Annual Fund.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many corporations offer matching gift programs that can double or triple the value of your gift to CCDS! What’s more, many employers will also match contributions by spouses, retirees, and trustees. Please contact your company’s Human Resources or Community Relations office for eligibility information and matching gift forms.
- Selling stocks, mutual funds, and other securities that have appreciated in value generally result in taxable long-term capital gains if you have owned the securities for more than twelve months.
- Making a gift of appreciated securities to CCDS avoids the capital gains tax.
- Making such a gift allows a donor who itemizes deductions to claim a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the securities.
- Please consult your tax advisor for more information specific to your situation.
Your broker can transfer your securities shares electronically to Cincinnati Country Day School. Please complete and submit our Securities Transfer form to your broker for this purpose.
- As donors cannot be credited for unclaimed securities gifts, be certain to ask your broker to include your name as the donor on all securities transfers to CCDS.
- The effective date of your gift will be the date the securities are posted to Cincinnati Country Day School’s account.
- Stock transfers normally are completed within five business days. Mutual fund transfers may take four weeks, especially at year-end, due to additional paperwork required to complete the transfer. Contact your broker for details.
- As you consider the timing of your transfer, bear in mind that the tax year for most individuals ends December 31 and the CCDS fiscal year ends June 30.
Gifts of Tangible Personal Property (Gifts-in-Kind)
We consider and may accept Gifts-in-kind on a case-by-case basis. The primary criterion is that the gift furthers the mission of the school. CCDS is prohibited by law from appraising the value of gifts of tangible personal property in any form. For donations of personal property over $500, the donor must complete the appropriate IRS forms; for property having a value of $5,000 or more, the donor must obtain a qualified, independent appraisal.