Welcome to Cincinnati Country Day School!
Since 1926, Country Day has been one of the finest college preparatory schools in Ohio. From its perch atop beautiful Indian Hill, CCDS has created leaders who have shaped the history of our nation: captains of industry and civic leaders; US Senators and university presidents; award-winning artists and professional athletes. But CCDS has also been home to quiet contributors of impactful achievement: non-profit leaders and community organizers; teachers and coaches; critical thinkers who seek to better a dynamic world.
Today, CCDS offers:
- A rigorous, co-educational, and independent college preparatory academic program.
- 22 varsity sports, including 22 league titles, 11 district championships, and 2 state championships in the past five years.
- A variety of performing, musical, visual, and literary arts experiences.
- 70 clubs, including our award-winning Science Olympiads at the upper school, Outdoor Adventures at the middle school, and S.T.E.A.M. at the lower school.
- A 62-acre campus that provides the perfect setting to deepen students’ appreciation of the natural world.
- Cutting-edge technology deployed in every classroom.
- Character-driven education for all students 18 months to 18 years.
But Country Day offers more than that. For more than 25 years, Country Day has been my home away from home. As a student, I was inspired by my teachers’ intellectual curiosity and my coaches’ passion for continuous improvement. As an alum, I have maintained rich and enduring bonds with classmates and former teachers. And as a parent of two current Country Day students, I have seen the value of a faculty or staff member who knows and nurtures each child.
I invite you to find your own home here at CCDS. Whether you are a loyal alum who has kept touch for years or a brand-new visitor who has just been introduced to the school, our vibrant community welcomes your family to our family. Take a look around our website. Watch this video of what makes Country Day unique. Follow us on social media. Or better yet, come visit us on campus. Once you’ve been here, we think you’ll agree it feels like home.
Rob Zimmerman '98
Head of School