What Makes CCDS Unique?
Many features make CCDS different from other area schools. Some of these include:
- students ranging in age from 18 months to 18 years.
- a student population that represents over 60 different zip codes in the Tri-state and a growing international student body.
- a safe, suburban, 62-acre campus.
- three academic divisions with distinct yet complementary philosophies.
- a pre-primary program with both traditional and Montessori options.
- a Middle School program with an interdisciplinary focus.
- a four-year college counseling program.
- a competitive athletic program for students beginning at age 5.
- a swimming program for students beginning at age 3 through grade 6.
- the only private school with a varsity level crew (rowing) team.
- music and fine art programming beginning at 18 months.
- the nation’s first one-to-one tablet PC program.
- An active and involved Parents’ Association.
But what makes us truly unique? Our answer is simple—it’s our students. At CCDS:
- students are known with a 9:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 15.
- students are nurtured by talented, caring faculty.
- students are academic with 17 honors and 11 AP courses.
- students are athletic as 90% of US students participate in a total of 15 varsity sports.
- students are artistic with the majority of students taking part in artistic pursuits beyond their curricular requirements.
- students are altruistic, as 100% of students participate in service projects.
- students are active leaders in more than 60 clubs.
- students are 21st-century learners through an integrated tablet PC program in grades pre-K–12.
- students are environmentally aware on a beautiful 62-acre campus with an outdoor education area and an active Environmental Council.
- students are diverse in a family-like environment with over 33% racial/ethnic diversity.
- students are well-rounded and prepared as 100% attend four-year colleges nationally and internationally.