Mission and Guiding Principles
In the spring of 2021, Country Day’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved an updated school mission. This new mission statement reflects several years of benchmarking, research, constituency focus groups, and feedback sessions and conveys the uniqueness of the Country Day student experience more accurately.
The Country Day mission is:
Cincinnati Country Day School creates leaders who, through the discovery of their own abilities, kindle the potential of others and better a dynamic world.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We know, nurture, and inspire our students from ages 18 months to 18 years to achieve their potential academically, artistically, athletically, and altruistically.
- We encourage lifelong learning by fostering freedom of inquiry and the deep exploration of knowledge to build a foundation for success in school, work, and life.
- We offer inventive, inquiry-based, and hands-on experiences in the classroom, on our 60-acre campus, and throughout local and global communities.
- We cultivate the self-advocacy, emotional resilience, and essential personal skills necessary to explore new ideas, persevere through challenges, and lead a life of purpose.
- We promote an inclusive community that welcomes the diverse experiences and viewpoints of all individuals and instills a sense of belonging and well-being.
- We develop empathetic stewards of the community who act in service to others and the environment.
- We approach everything we do with responsibility, respect, integrity, courage, and compassion.