Cincinnati Country Day School has a diverse and active international family population. Some international students come to Country Day through exchange programs while others come due to the relocation of their family. Many of the outstanding features of our academic and extracurricular programs are detailed on the International Diversity page.
Students who will be relocating to the Cincinnati area with their families from abroad will follow the admission process as outlined in the Application Process pages. Please contact Jennie Bedel (applicants to Early Childhood Program through Pre-KII/Montessori I & II), Donna Legette (applicants to Kindergarten through grade 4) or Elizabeth Habig (applicants to grades 5 through 12) with questions.
International students wishing to study at Country Day for a single year as an exchange student on a F-1 visa must first contact the Admission Office to determine availability of space. International exchange students must:
- be applicants to grades 9-11
- be approved to study abroad through an accredited exchange agency
- hold an active F-1 visa for their year of study in the USA
- have secured a homestay for the full duration of their time abroad
- be flexible on both the grade level of entry and course selection as determined solely by Country Day
Space availability for one-year exchange students is limited, and first priority for international admission is given to applicants intending to study at Country Day for three years or more in our Upper School.
Students entering grades 8 – 12 who wish to study at Country Day on an F-1 visa must follow the processes outlined below.
- Do you offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes?
- Does Country Day require a TOELF exam?
- DOES COUNTRY DAY OFFER TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS?
- DO YOU REQUIRE INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS TO VISIT YOUR CAMPUS?
- DO YOU ACCEPT MID-YEAR APPLICANTS?
- WHEN DOES THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGIN?
- Does the school provide Health Insurance for international students?
- Will Cincinnati Country Day School provide a host family?
- What is the tuition and fees for international students?
- Do you require agency representation?