The school offers individual instruction in piano, other select instruments, and voice. Lessons are offered to students in pre-primary through 12th grade. A student has the option of a 30-minute lesson or a 45-minute lesson, scheduled weekly.
There is an additional cost for private music lessons and enrollment and fees for music lessons are by the semester. The student is expected to practice at home and be responsible for remembering their materials.
Lessons begin in mid-September for the first semester for all students. For the second semester, lessons begin the week after Martin Luther King Day for new students and will continue immediately after winter break for existing students. If you have a student currently taking lessons and only signed up for the first semester, you will need to sign up again for the second semester.
To reserve a place in the program, complete the form below and submit with payment. To see lesson prices, select the duration of lessons and the amount will appear in the "amount charged to credit card" box. The form must be completed prior to the start of lessons. Submit one form per child.
For violin and piano lessons, a student must be enrolled in PKII or higher. For band instruments (woodwinds, brass, percussion), students should be in 5th grade or higher. For voice lessons, a student must be enrolled in PKII or higher.
Once a form is submitted, the appropriate person will contact you for scheduling.
Music Lesson Reminders
- It is the responsibility of the student to have all materials available and to arrive at the lesson location on time. Lessons will not be rescheduled for students who miss lessons or forget to bring their materials.
- Make-up lessons are built into each semester for lessons missed due to school closures, field trips, and special events.
- An attempt to make-up lessons due to student illness will be made but is not guaranteed.
- Teachers are granted two (2) sick days during each semester and make-up lessons will not be given. Make-up lessons for teacher illness will begin with the third missed lesson.
- Cost of enrollment into individualized music lessons is considered tuition. Lessons are not based on a per lesson cost and cannot be paid accordingly. As a tuition-based program, there are no refunds for students who decide to discontinue lessons.
- Lessons are scheduled before, during, and after school.
- For violin or piano lessons, a student must be PKII or higher. For band, a student must be enrolled in grade 5 or higher. For voice lessons, a student must be enrolled in grade 3 or higher.